Better than I deserve


"I will extol You, my God, O King; and I will bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, And I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:1-3

As I read this Psalm today, you know what words stuck out? The words "every day". Do I bless the Lord every day? Do I extol Him as the mighty King of Kings every day? Do I praise His name every day? Do I stand amazed at His unsearchable, amazing greatness every day?

That is what He wants from me. The author of Psalm 145 is David...and David, despite all his sin, was a man after God's own heart...because he loved God greatly and blessed His name every day!

C.J. Mahaney once said that when people asked him how he was doing, his typical response was always, "Better than I deserve". I love it! We all deserve hell...anything more is grace upon grace...and we have so much more, don't we?!!!!!

As I thought about these verses, what C.J. said, and the life God has given me, I found myself praising the Lord for the gift He has given me in Bryan. What a gift it is to have a husband who loves the Lord and walks in His ways. He is home a lot more lately...and what a gift to my own heart it has been to see how he is spending his "extra time". I often walk into the living room and find him reading God's Word, journaling, or looking off into space with his Bible in his lap. I get to see, first-hand, what he is passionate about...and there is nothing more precious to this wife's heart than to know that his first passion is Christ.

And, if you know Bryan, you also know that I get to laugh a lot. Laughter is a sweet gift from God...and it's even sweeter when it comes from someone you love so very much! It's another "every day" gift that I am so thankful for!

I have a feeling this post just might embarrass him a bit :), so I want to finish it quickly and get it "posted"...but my heart was "bubbling up" and I wanted to take a moment to bless the Lord and praise Him for the gift of marriage...for the gift of Bryan!

Comments

Bryan has always had the gift of making people laugh ... he just has that personality. And as his mom, I am so thankful for the way, that over the years, he has blessed me with his love and his unwavering stand for his Lord!