Looking Back Before I Look Forward


Okay, so I guess if you take my title literally, I am doing the opposite of what the apostle Paul said when he penned the words, "Forgetting what lies behind and pressing forward to what lies ahead...". But, for this post, my primary reason for looking back is to document, largely by picture, what has been happening in the Pichura Home the last few weeks! (So, get ready for a bunch of "backdated" posts!)

Having said that, as we (the Pichura Family) look into the year 2012, it is filled with the unknown in every way. And, when I dwell on a future that is uncertain, my heart starts to beat a little bit faster and fear creeps in, imoblizing the rest of my body. Then, if I give way to that fear, worry starts to beat stronger than my own heart and my body, once "frozen", jumps into action. But, it's not the kind of action that pleases God. It not an active waiting on HIM...it's an action fueled by my own desire for control, my own desire to write the pages of our life so that it doesn't look so scary. It's an action fueled by pride and selfishness, not trust and dependence.

In those moments, the Lord is so gracious to pull my eyes and heart upward. To look to Him and His promises, and to take my thoughts captive so that I cling to those promises! But, He has also turned my head to look backwards. He has reminded me to remember...to remember His faithfulness in the past! And, as I look back on the seasons of life that He has brought us through...I find myself remembering and rejoicing. Praising the Lord for the dark valleys He has brought us through as well as the times of dancing and dreams come true. He has preserved us and sustained us through it all and I know He will continue to! The Lord does "give and take away" as Job said...but, I think the key to that verse is, "BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD".

None of us truly know what the year 2012 holds...there will be aspects in all of our lives in which the Lord both gives and takes away...but that is not where He wants any of our focus to be...He wants our focus, our thoughts, our actions, and our words to be all about blessing His name.

So, before we set our sights on the 2012...maybe it's not a bad idea to take a few minutes to look back...and, as you did, don't be surprised if you find yourself praising the Lord before you know it!:)

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty Heavens! Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!" Psalm 150:1-2,6

Comments