What you don't hear often....

....is about all the bad days people have. The sinful, ick ones that you wish you could redo, but simply have to rest in what Christ has already done on your behalf (praise the Lord)....and then go back to everyone in your family, including the dog, and say sorry!

I had one of those "days" this morning. It started with doors slamming and too much noise way too early in the morning, followed by a peed in bed. Add that to kids who forgot to do things they needed to do yesterday...so what needed to be done today was taking far longer and throwing everyone's routine into a tizzy. Did I mention that I stayed in bed a few minutes too long, and Al Mohler's "The Briefing" (which really is great and so helpful!) ate up more time of Bryan's and my morning "date" than I would have liked which led to almost no time to talk or pray together. (Insert irked attitude right about here) So, off I rushed to pull an egg bake out of the oven that had been in the oven a few minutes too long, only to have children not ready to eat on time because of all the "need to dos" that didn't get done.

Everyone is sitting at the table somber, I'm grouchy, and at this point, family devotions have officially been pushed back to dinner time as we have run out of time. None of us are all too happy with each other and the conversations that have flown around have most certainly not been "pleasing in His sight".

Yes, there were hugs and "I love you's" as they all headed off to school, but it might be safe to say that we were not "rejoicing in the day the Lord has made". The "one big happy family" balloon had popped before it had even been blown up all the way!

I don't share all this with an attitude of indifference, nor do I find it something to laugh about and forget. (Although, some laughter might have done a world of good this morning!) I don't share this to tear down my precious family or make light of our disobedience. I share it simply to say...

God is good and we are not. God is perfect and we are sinful. God is "gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness" and we are in desperate need of that grace and mercy every single day. God is faithful even when we are faithless. God's power is magnified through our weakness.

THEREFORE, I will boast...not in my own greatness as a wife and mom (that lasted a whole 2 seconds this morning!)...but I will boast in Christ, and Him crucified. We can be forgiven because Christ bore our sin on His perfect body. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!

Days like today remind me that there is not one moment of any day in which I do not need to run to Jesus and hide myself in Him. For there I find hope, joy, peace, patience, forgiveness, and strength for all that He has planned for me!





Comments